Uros, Amantani y Taquile 2 Days - 1 Night
- Location: Puno / Peru
- Duration: 2 Days – 1 Nights
- Departures: Evereyday
- Places to visit: Amantani, Uros Island
One of the best known alternatives to enjoy rural life, share and experiment with native communities in Lake Titicaca is without a doubt this tour we offer.
Island Amantani is in the most extensive area of the lake and offers beautiful views of the sunrise and sunset.
The Islanders live in perfect harmony with nature. The peace and quiet of the place will envelop you in a unique experience.
The climbing to the mountain “Pachatata” is one of the greatest challenges of the lovers of the photography, since from there (4000 M.A.S.L.) The view is astonishing and the lake and the Andes are observed in all its splendor.
- Hike (included)
- Starting point
Puno: Pick up at Hotel (as long as it is within the city centre-center and fenced) or ground terminal.
Day 1.- Visit to floating islands Uros and Amantani Island (overnight)
8:00 am – Pick up from your hotel to the main port.
Guided tour in the community of the Uros (1h 30 min.). The guide will explain the history, origin and the way that the native Uros manufacture their floating islands. Also you will have free time to explore the island, take pictures and interact with its population.
Continuing with the trip, we headed for the Amantani island, sailing always with spectacular views of Lake Titicaca. Upon arrival, a warm family will be waiting for you to host it in house.
Lunch is provided by the family and made with local products.
In the afternoon, the guide will explain the traditions of the islanders to then have the opportunity to climb to the summit of the mountain Pachatata to see one of the most breathtaking sunsets.
Dinner is also provided by the local family.
At night, you can enjoy a local show in the meeting room.
Day 2.-Visit to the island of Taquile, return to the city of Puno
Breakfast, provided by the family.
A family representative will take you to the main pier to embark on the island of Taquile. The Islanders in Taquile are known for their Inca traditions (still in force) and fine textiles.
Trekking on this island is ideal for lovers of photography.
Lunch at a local restaurant.
Return to Puno.
3:30pm-Arrival to the city of Puno (hour aprox.).
Included / Not Included
- Pick-up and transfer to the hotel or ground terminal.
- Covered motor boat (bath on board) for 2 days.
- Entrance tickets to the Uros, Taquile and Amantani Islands.
- Basic accommodation (shared sanitary facilities).
- Food: 1 Lunch 1 Dinner 1 breakfast in Isla Amantani (vegetarian option available to indication).
- 1 lunch and hot beverages on Taquile Island on the 2nd day (vegetarian option available).
- Bilingual guide: English-Spanish.
Does not include
- Cold drinks (available in Rest. of Taquile Island).
- Extra rides on totora boats offered by the local Uros population.
- Gratuities (optional) and/or personal expenses.
- This tour does not require carrying ID, DNI or passport.
- It is recommended to bring: cash (if you want to buy crafts and/or souvenirs), sunscreen, hat, comfortable shoes (for walking) and raincoat (only in the months of January to March).
- Accommodation Homestay
- Family Cottage (maximum capacity-up to 4 people per house).
- Outdoors: Farm animals, small garden, local furniture, pets and agricultural fields.
- Interior: Double and private rooms, bed, small table and chair, small dining room.
- Private hygienic services, running water (only for washing)
- NO shower.